Assets Teacher Training & Outreach Program
Assets Teacher Training and Outreach Program (ATTOP) reaches into communities around the state, and even around the world, to collaborate and build partnerships that celebrate and support students who learn differently. We empower teachers and families by sharing strategies and skills to help these students learn and thrive.
We do it by opening those windows and helping teachers and families better understand these children — through simulations, workshops, and hands-on activities.
- What’s it like when the symbols for letters don't translate in a meaningful and fluent manner?
- What does over-whelmed feel like for your child?
- What’s it like to remember everything you’ve heard and nothing you’ve read?
Assets offers free reading screenings to the public for students in kindergarten to third grade.
Assets School is offering a complimentary reading screening to public, private, charter, or homeschooled students from mid-kindergarten through third grade. Children who encounter challenges in reading, rhyming, and mastering the alphabet are the best candidates. The Predictive Assessment of Reading (PAR) assesses your child's reading proficiency and identifies areas where they might need more help. The screening will take place at the K-8 campus at One Ohana Nui Way and is by appointment only.
To register, click here.
ATTOP workshops demystify these students and their learning differences.
- Educators gain strategies and teaching programs that enable them to connect with these students and integrate them into classrooms effectively.
- Families learn to better understand the world as their children see it, and then create tools that can help them and their children navigate that world confidently and productively.
There are no easy answers. But there are strategies and solutions.
ATTOP’s mission is to share our knowledge with families and schools across the state and wherever we can help. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Transforming Lives Center is the first private school-based full resource center on Oahu to provide comprehensive assessments of students struggling in a traditional school setting or facing academic challenges because of the pandemic. For more on the Transforming Lives Center, click here.